Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wintertime


The town that I live in seemingly lacks two seasons... spring and fall. Right now, it's 63 degrees... by the end of the week, it's predicted that it'll be 85. In my opinion... there's more beauty in the cold. I love the weight that comes with every blanket you own being stacked upon you, the way the wind bites and tingles at your face, how the air feels so crisp as you fill yourself full and the cuddliness of being bundled up by layers of material.
I also totally dig on the not so freezing days... you can leave all the doors and windows open and freshen up the house. Which inspired me on my newest project today. I bought this picture frame at a junky estate sale for $2... I figured I would paint it metallic silver to match my bedroom mirrors. I collected this picture off the internet and had it printed for nineteen cents.
I was sitting in my kitchen enjoying sweet tea when I was hunting all over for do it yourself picture frames and since my budget is empty at the moment, I was thinking of all the materials I had to utilize. I racked and racked... racked some more just to come up empty handed. Until a trip through the bed room I spotted the mirror shoved into a dresser drawer. They say procrastination doesn't pay off. The color scheme of the mirror and the picture totally go together... the frame just needs a good dusting. My next hurdle was to figure out how to protect an open picture since it'd be living in the kitchen. So racking again, I came across my polyurethane spray and coated the picture. I have no idea how it'll fare as it was starting to bubble but I'll let it dry 24 hours and post some pictures of the after effect. Wish me luck!!



0 comments: