Saturday, October 23, 2010

Epic Fail Fix

So I wound up finding this cute little cardstock at Michael's for ninety nine cents...

& I disassembled the mirror... traced the back to insure a good, proper fitting...

& then I found my ammo of choosing... I sprayed the silver really lightly over the picture... not enough to do a color change... just enough for a dewy, shiny look...

I used to ModPodge to adhere to picture to the paper, then I coated it as well to seal it...

Luckily, it dries clear! To further seal and protect it, I sprayed it down with 2 coats of polyurethane, which can be found at any hardware store or department...

Feeling that it still wasn't quite right, I found these charms meant for bracelet making but ultimately, I think it was meant for this...

& Viola! Put it all back together & this is what I have!!









2 comments:

Christina said...

What a lovely little antique-y DIY! Thanks for sharing! Those charms are to die for. :)

Simply Sweet said...

Thank you! I typically like to add the charms to bracelets alone or these button bracelets I've stumbled upon... keep your eyes peeled for that DIY :)